Australia, its historical past and intriguing details
A brief history
Humans are considered to have arrived in Australia regarding 40,000 years ago from Southeast Asia. They are the first inhabitants, known as aborigines and they have descendant still nowadays ( Source visa-worldwide.com ). The population was around a million before the European settlement and today about 350,000 people live in Australia.The Dutch sighted Australia in 1606 while the British landed in 1688. But it was Captain James Cooks maiden voyage that claimed the land for Great Britain. A British colony was set up in 1788 with about 161,000 English convicts transferred and stayed there. Former criminals and free settlers established six colonies which became states afterwards. In 1901 these colonies were federated into the Commonwealth of Australia and a constitution was introduced that included the US federal traditions as well as British parliamentary.
Some interesting information about Australia
Australia is counted one of the most one of a kind spots on the planet. From the crazy Aussie laws, that might still exist, to the strange wild life, this country is filled with odd and awesome things. Although you might have heard about some of the Australia facts, you may find here something totally new. So here are some interesting information about Australia
- 1. About 80% of Australian creatures are unique – Some of the fascinating animals in the world can be found in Australia that includes marsupials, kangaroos, koalas, platypus, and a wide variety of birds. You will find them in zoos or parks and can even find them in the wild.
- 2. The huge rock Uluru extends up to 2.5 km underground – Uluru is sacred to the aboriginal tribes and has been listed by UNESCO as a heritage site. Incredibly about 2.5 km of this rock is thought to be underground and connected to the Olgas which emerges 16 milesaway.
- 3. More than 60 wine areas – Traveling to Australia and not drinking wine may not be a good option, but with such a wide range it will be hard to select among them. There are lots of vineyards stretched across the continent and you can get to those areas to enjoy the amazing landscape.
- 4. Biggest eco-system in the world – The Great Barrier Reef comprises of about 2500 reefs which are noticeable from place. Scuba diving and snorkeling among the turtles and colorful fishes are the primary highlights for a visit to Australia.
- 5. More snow than Swiss Alps – While lots of people go to Australia for amazing beaches, skiing enthusiasts visit the Australian Alps. Snowfall starts in June and continues till September which makes the place exquisite for skiing.
- 6. Worlds biggest sand island – The sandy shores are the highlight of Fraser Island, so get on a boat and check out the delights of this paradise. It wonderful to spot a dingo and this island has about 150 of them. Keep a safe distance as they are wild and aggressive.
- 7. Worlds biggest war memorial – Beautiful and amazing views along the route will get you captivated while driving on the Great Ocean Road. The road was built as a memorial by the soldiers going back to their land after World War – 1.
So these were some of the fascinating information about Australia and if you would like to experience more of such amazing things, pack your bag and check out this great location.